WELCOME TO NIGHT IN A CAR 2021!
Things are definitely different this year, but Home Sweet Home is blessed that you could join us. Please see below for materials that will hopefully keep you active and engaged as you spend a night in your car. As you go along, if you come across something that you want to discuss further or simply have a question, you can jump on Zoom to talk with HSHM staff-Leslie, Todd, Debbie, and Matt- anytime from 8 pm to Midnight on February 5th. We hope you have fun exploring and learning more about Home Sweet Home and just how important your support is. Thank you!
*Starred items are included in your packets.
- Story Time with the Book Mobile
- Enjoy watching and listening to Bloomington Public Library's Michelle Cope as she reads books encompassing volunteering, generosity, and homelessness.
- Homeless Simulation*
- After you open the presentation, click on to "Start the slideshow from the beginning".
- Click your way through the interactive PowerPoint to see if you can make it through the challenge.
- If you have troubles with the PowerPoint, click here to view as a PDF. Once you open the file, instead of scrolling through the pages, click on the icons for an interactive experience.
- Virtual Scavenger Hunt*
- This needs to be printed out if you wish to fill it out. Otherwise, write your answers down on spare paper.
- This one is for all ages! Learn more about HSHM as you search through our website to discover answers to clues.
- Word Search*
- This needs to be printed out if you wish to fill it out.
- Just a simple word search about HSHM to help pass the time.
Additional Online Resources:
- Hobson's Choice
- This is a very simple online simulation. This one tries your patience!
- This is an online game about poverty and the challenges it brings forth for each and every person.
Bonus Fun: Spot the Differences!
Can you find all TEN differences in the photo? Some are a little challenging...Have fun!