A homelessness simulation that shines a spotlight on the hidden aspect of homelessness that many in our community experience--living in their cars. Participants will "live" out of their cars during the overnight hours. We are challenging participants to raise $1,000 per car.
Friday, February 1st, 2019 at 7 pm. The simulation will take place at Trinity Lutheran Church, 801 South Madison Street, in Bloomington.
Check out what our past volunteers had to say about participating in 2018. Make an impact and challenge yourself, family, and friends today!
1. No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances.
2. No candles or open flames.
3. Have a full tank of gas.
4. Dress warmly. Bring blankets and flashlights. We will have some blankets available, but participants are advised to bring plenty of blankets and wear extra socks, gloves, and hats.
5. Come inside to warm up as needed.
6. Restrooms and refreshments, including snacks and hot beverages, will be provided throughout the event.
7. Security volunteers will make rounds of the parking lot every 30 minutes.
8. Participants may invite their supporters to spend a portion of the night in their car with them.
6pm: Community Dinner with special guest panel.
7pm: Night In A Car Kick-off.
7:30pm to 9:30pm: Family friendly activities and educational opportunities.
9:30pm: Out to cars for the evening. Feel free to come inside as needed for snacks and restroom breaks.
6am: Come inside for breakfast and fellowship.
7am: Go Home!
*Schedule is subject to change as event draws near. Please check back later for more updates.